Buy my book: undetectable VISIONARY

Saturday, December 13, 2008

faith, hope & love


I visited my doctor yesterday and my T-cells went back up from 303 to 360. My viral load went down from 81,000 to 66,000. This is great news, but not a significant change.

I do, however, completely acknowledge the faith, hope & love of the many people who fasted, prayed and/or went to the temple on my behalf and others with HIV/AIDS. I acknowledge the great power, love and grace bestowed upon me and others by God. It could have been worse; my T-cells could have dropped to 246 and my viral load could have gone up to 96,000 which would be REALLY close to being diagnosed with AIDS.

I decided that, though the results were good, I would still start my medicinal treatment when school ends next week. After discussion of my options (thank goodness I have any) I am going to start my first drug cocktail of Viramune (http://us.viramune.com/) and Truvada (http://www.truvada.com/). I only have to take 3 pills once a day. What a blessing and how marvelous is the advancement of science and medicine - people used to take anywhere from 12 - 20 pills three times a day or more. Not to mention that EACH pill would cost between $40 and 100. My medicine is provided to me for free. Like I said, God loves me - I can't possibly doubt that He does.

I just wanted to share this update with you and thank you for your continued support - it means so much to me. I know that God blesses those who bless others - I pray that God shines His light and love upon you, especially during this joyous and beautiful holiday season.

love Jey

You have been caught Jey Walking! (thank you, come again!)

7 comments:

Loradona said...

I'm glad for your good news. How's school? I hope you are enjoying it and doing well!

science + skeleton said...

Awesome news man. Congratulations.

Debra/Mom said...

Congrats Jey! All our love and prayers go out to you.
Are you going to have a white Christmas?

Yvonne said...

Oh, good news! I'm very glad to hear. You're still in my prayers.

I wrote a year in review post very similar to yours... Check it out! Heading to Germany tomorrow, but that doesn't mean I won't be in touch... They have email there ;o) Happy holidays, Jey. Hold on to that insight: God loves you. I have no doubt about that either.

Jacob said...

That is fantastic news, Jey! Very happy to hear it.

Robert said...

I'm so glad that you received good news. Wow, I just readthewebsites you included in your post. Keep us updated as to how you're doing. I'll definately keep you in my prayers. I hope you are able to feel healthy and strong Jey. Best wishes to you.

jey walker gladstone said...

I have to say I had no idea I would be undetectable in under 4 months. Now, it's been 7 months - still undetectable (I hope) and feeling pretty good! Thanks you guys - you lift me up when I feel like I am face down on the floor.